I have to admit- I’ve owned my fifth wheel since July of last year, have camped in it for over 50 nights and it wasn’t until I ran out of propane AGAIN did I start to get an understanding of my automatic changeover and what information is was trying to convey to me.
Here’s how the Automatic Propane Changeover Works
- The small arrow points to whichever tank the indicator is reflecting (that’s the little colored spot in the center)
- When the tank has propane, the indicator is green
- When the tank has no propane, the indicator is yellow
- The automatic changeover does just that- when the tank it is pointing to runs out of propane, it changes internally to the other one (the arrow doesn’t move to the opposite tank – I mistakenly thought it did)
- You should periodically check this indicator and fill the empty tank before the other runs out (seems obvious, but I’m slow)